Have you chipped or broken a tooth? If so, then restoration may be needed to prevent the onset of tooth decay or possibly infection. Instead of multiple visits and procedures, we may be able to address the issue in a single visit. With cosmetic bonding you can enjoy same day tooth repair.
Same Day Tooth Repair Quiz
- True or False: A broken tooth can become infected.
- True or False: We can repair the damage in a single day.
- True or False: Your tooth will look natural afterward.
- True or False: We can also place a veneer or crown.
- True. When you break a tooth the outer layer of enamel becomes compromised. The enamel protects the more sensitive inner tooth layers from bacteria. Soon, the bacteria can reach the layers of dentin where decay can form. Eventually, the bacteria may reach the inner pulp, where an infection can begin.
- True. Cosmetic bonding employs a composite resin to restore missing tooth structure. The doctor will clean the tooth and gently etch the surface. The composite resin will be added in several layers. The doctor will then sculpt the material as the bonding resin cures under a special light. Once complete, the tooth will be thoroughly polished.
- True. The resin can actually be shaded to better blend with surrounding teeth. The polishing also helps improve the tooth’s appearance. The newly restored tooth will look natural.
- True. If the damage is too severe for the bonding material then the doctor may recommend either a dental crown or veneer. A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain placed over the front of the tooth to reshape it. A crown fits over the entire visible portion of the tooth, preventing further damage. Both are made using lifelike materials.
ABOUT YOUR DOWNEY, CA, DENTISTS:
Dr. Hadis Reyhani, Dr. Ben Reyhani, and Dr. Pasha Hakimzadeh, DDS, provide a wealth of combined experience, along with innovative technology and personalized care, to help improve our patients’ dental health so they can enjoy smiling again. To schedule a consultation, call Downey Family Cosmetic Dentistry today at 562-645-4569.